Thursday, April 30, 2015

Six Years

This is from an old interview. Interesting.

Taylor: Yeah, well, I gotta get into the studio. I got a couple more cowrites to do. I don't want to make the record like I made the last record. I want to take the time and be able to find the right players to fit the song. You have to really get it right. You have to get the music right. That's kind of where I'm at. I'm gonna take a little break and then get into the studio and make the songs that I have in my repertoire right now that I want to put on the record. I really want to make them right.
That just takes time, you know. I watched something on TV with Fiona Apple. And after Fiona Apple's 2nd record, she took six years to record her next album, you know"

Me: Wow

Taylor: Yeah. But, you know, she wanted to get it right. You have to really get it right. You have to get the music right. That's kind of where I'm at.

No comments: